Rishi Sunak joins BJP promises to work for Vikasit Bharat

UK Prime Minister and son-in-law of Narayan 70 hour Murthy Rishi Sunak has resigned as the Prime Minister of UK and from all positions in the Conservative Party today. Sunak has also surrendered his UK citizenship. 

He has further announced that he has joined the BJP in India and would be standing as a candidate in the upcoming parliamentary elections in the country. 

"As of today, I am no longer the PM of UK nor am I associated with the UK government in any form, manner or documentation. I have tendered my resignation. I have responded to a call from Shri. Modi ji and decided to join the BJP," Sunak said after landing at T3 of IGI in Delhi.

Immediately after landing, Sunak was welcomed by a team of ED and CBI officials and whisked away to BJP HQ at 6, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg. A presser was already ongoing when Sunak walked in dressed in traditional Indian attire. 

"Friends, ‘asura shakti’(evil forces) have a firm grip over the party and government in the UK and in such a dire situation, it is difficult to run the government there. I have therefore decided to work under the leadership of vishwaguru and world's biggest leader Shri. Modi ji. I am dedicating myself to achieving his vision of a country where there in no opposition of any sort and where parties can be funded without any accountability," Sunak said at the press conference.

"I am glad to return home to my party. I have always seen myself as a member of the BJP," Sunak added.

Sunak has been given the Kaunsa parliamentary seat in Uttar Pradesh. Sunak said he will be visiting the constituency soon to take over the election campaign. " I am honored to represent this beautiful constituency and promise to work 70 hours each day to develop the area. Further as a dedicated BJP worker, I also commit to work under the leadership of Modi ji to serve the people of India," Sunak said.

Sunak paid his membership fee via his credit card at the CBI head office in Delhi where he was given a briefing on the upcoming polls by CBI director Chavan Prakash. 

Meanwhile the Enforcement Directorate leadership hosted a party to welcome him on behalf of the BJP. He was then whisked away by a BJP team to meet PM Modi.

"500 years ago when I started my career with a loan from my wife, we were so poor that I had to serve as a part time LIC agent to make ends meet and keep my company funded. We were so humble that I used to return the excess water in the milk to the milkman. Today when we have so many stalwarts in my family, we continue to be humble. In fact we havent paid over $500000 for any cosmetic makeover so far and that speaks volumes about our humility," Narayan Murthy said while smoking a cigar made from old undemated Infosys shares.

In an unrelated development, the CBI today announced that it was closing all cases against a cousin of Sunak who was being investigated in a multi-billion dollar scam. Champak Sunak was accused of receiving multiple kickbacks in a defense deal. 


UK PM Rishi Sunak joins India's BJP
Sunak being welcomed into the party




 






Comments

Whats trending