Co-WIN app which stands for “Co-developed by Windowless Prison
Inmates" was developed by a bunch of Sherwada jail prison inmates on death row. The
app was meant to help users experience the torture and torment the developers underwent inside the prison.
It does seem like the app has succeeded in doing so, going by the reviews
on Google Play and the difficulty people are facing in getting an OTP and
registering themselves to get vaccinated through the app.
The new and simplified process for getting an OTP is as follows:
- Fill up a 30-page form and attach a letter indicating why you need the OTP
- Take that form to your nearest Aadhar office and get it attested in the presence of at least 50 people
- Take that filled form to your nearest PHC and
get a doctor to sign off on it
- Get this form attested by a Class 1 gazetted officer of GoI
- Take this form to the specified branch of SBI and get them to accept it during lunch hours
- Once they accept it, walk into another SBI branch nearby and collect your OTP in person. The OTP will be valid only for 7 seconds
- In case the OTP expires, notify your nearest Aadhar center using form 87 filled in triplicate and repeat the above process
Disclaimer: this is a pure work of satire and you are advised not to take the content seriously. In case you are facing any challenge in registering yourself through the Co-Win app, please visit https://www.cowin.gov.in/home and get yourself and your loved ones registered for vaccination today.