Funny lines from the world's terror capital after Osama's death
Funniest lines that have come in from Pakistan after their esteemed guest Osama Bin Laden was killed.
- He was not anywhere we had anticipated he would be, but now he is gone – Zardari
- Pakistanis think it was a breach of Pakistan sovereignty that they came here and committed all this... it hurts ordinary Pakistanis - 'Analyst' Talat Masood (Pakistani sovereignty is a poor joke)
- The fact that our intelligence did not find out, it was Americans who found him, is a reflection on the intelligence agencies and military in Pakistan - 'Analyst' Talat Masood
- Osama bin Laden's death illustrates the resolve of the international community, including Pakistan, to fight and eliminate terrorism. It constitutes a major setback to terrorist organisations around the world - Pakistan Government (Pakistani resolve to fight terror?)
- They (Pakistani officials) are expressing as great a surprise as we had when we first learned about this compound, so there is no indication at this point that the people we have talked to were aware of this, but we need to dig deeper into this - White House counter terrorism chief John Brennan (they were practicing that surprised look for the past 8 years)
- That’s an affront to a nation of 180 million people. The people of Pakistan are very angry with their military that they have sold us to the Americans - some guy (They have actually auctioned you)
- It is hoped we will not be on the receiving end of a negative fallout with the Americans, who are in this war for (the) long haul - Daily Times, Pakistan
- Our government is in fiscal distress. To make contributions to a country that isn't going to be fully supportive is a problem for many - Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (Your coffee is getting cold, Ms Dianne)
- Pakistan, perhaps the world’s greatest victim of terrorism, joins the other targets of al-Qaeda — the people of the United States, Britain, Spain, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Algeria — in our satisfaction that the source of the greatest evil of the new millennium has been silenced - Zardari again (self inflicted terrorism that is)
- Let us be frank. Pakistan has paid an enormous price for its stand against terrorism. Zardari. (Do you think protecting Osama is cheap??)
All the best Pakistan. Hope you find your next cash cow soon...